N.E.W. Community Clinic can help!
- Lead is a toxic metal that can negatively impact children's health and development.
- Children are particularly vulnerable to lead exposure because their bodies absorb lead more easily than adults.
- Lead exposure can occur through various sources such as lead-based paint, contaminated soil, dust, and certain consumer products.
- Even low levels of lead in children's blood can lead to irreversible cognitive and behavioral problems.
- Lead poisoning can cause learning difficulties, reduced IQ, attention deficits, impaired growth, and hearing problems in children.
- The effects of lead exposure are long-lasting and can have lifelong consequences for a child's physical and mental well-being.
- Preventing lead exposure is crucial, and early detection through lead checks can help identify and address potential risks.
Set up a Lead Check
If you think lead might be a problem for your children, N.E.W. Community Medical Clinics can help if your children are low-income uninsured, underinsured or on Medicaid/BadgerCare.
Set up a check by calling